Thursday 30 March 2017

One of Australia's deadliest snakes photobombs mother's picture of toddler

Bianca Dickinson did not see the snake when she was photographing her daughter
Bianca Dickinson did not see the snake when she was photographing her daughterCREDIT: BIANCA DICKINSON

Amother in Australia was "horrified” after she took a photograph of her smiling two-year-old daughter -  only to discover that a deadly snake was lurking inches away.
Bianca Dickinson said she has been unable to sleep since looking at the photograph of her daughter Molly at her farm in the state of Victoria. 
The photograph shows that an eastern brown – the country’s second deadliest snake  - was crawling over a fence beside her daughter.
“Molly and I were near our mailbox, so I crouched down and looked at her through the lens,” she told news.com.au.
“I guess I was focused on her so I didn’t see anything else… Then I saw this flash and I just thought it was bark coming off the tree. When I looked up it was already halfway past, I could see the tail between Molly’s legs. I think it was touching her boots it was that close.”
Eastern browns are one of Australia's deadliest snakes
Eastern browns are one of Australia's deadliest snakes CREDIT: BIANCA DICKINSON
Ms Dickinson, a mother of four, took the photograph at the end of a long driveway which leads to her home near Kaniva, a small town.
After spotting the snake, she said, she froze to let it pass - and “luckily [Molly] copied me”.
She said she then shook with fright and later checked her phone, realising that the snake appeared in three images.
“It was horrifying — luckily it was over in seconds,” she said.
“We know that they are out there but I guess we don’t have them come that close to us… Every time I shut my eyes I see that big snake and what could have happened. I see Molly being taken away in an ambulance.”               
Ms Dickinson added: “Molly looked at the photo when I showed her and she just said, ‘that’s me’.  [She] has no idea what happened, which is good.”
Source : UK Telegraph




              

No comments:

Post a Comment