Tuesday 25 September 2018

Dream come true to play at Old Trafford - Gibbs-White

Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Premier League
Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White has explained how it was a ‘dream come true’ to play at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Speaking to the club website, the 18-year-old said he was nervous heading into the match but thought the team deserved more than the point they earnt.
Gibbs-White was bought on to replace Diogo Jota on 87 minutes at the ‘Theatre of Dreams’, adding to his two other appearances in the Premier League to date.

The Englishman has been with Wolves since the age of eight and made his competitive debut for the club in the 2-0 FA Cup win over Stoke City in January of last year.

The player is highly thought of at club and international level and was part of the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup winning side, scoring twice in the tournament.
On his cameo role against Manchester United, he said:
“Words can’t describe what it felt like to step out on an amazing pitch at Old Trafford. It was a dream come true. I remember when I was a kid I said to my dad ‘I want to play at Old Trafford one day’, and for that to actually come true doesn’t seem real.”
“I was nervous from when I stepped foot into the building, but when you get onto the pitch you don’t really notice the nerves. You just focus on the game and the task ahead. It sort of hit me just before I was about to come on, but you have to stay calm and composed and that’s what I did.”
Gibbs-White will be hoping for a more substantial role as Wolves host Leicester City in the Carabao Cup tonight before hosting Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday. - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment