Wednesday 29 March 2017

3 IMPORTANT things I told my wife before she agreed to marry me - Pastor Adeboye

The general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide (RCCG) Pastor Enoch Adeboye has reveled how he wooed his wife, Foluke.Read more after cut...

The couple did their court marriage on September 8, 1967, and had their church wedding on December 17, of the same year. A new book by Bisi Daniels titled, Stories of Pastor E.A Adeboye: The Power of Testimony, the renowned pastor said he was the least qualified suitor coming for his wife then.

Adeboye said: “There were many of us contesting for the hand of my wife. I wanted to marry a beautiful princess but I was the least qualified among the many suitors. Out of the number, three of us were in the forefront." The pastor said he was only a student as of then and one of the suitors coming for his wife was a lawyer and already had a car. “But I was a student, while one of us was a lawyer who owned a car. All I had was a ‘foot wagon’ (moving around on foot). I decided to let her know my financial status," Adeboye said.

Below are the three wonderful sentences Pastor Adeboye used to woo his dear wife: 1. I said to her, ‘Please, listen. I have nothing; no money, no house, no influence, nothing.’ I told her that if I had anything at all. 2. It was the little brain God gave to me. 3. I have nothing to offer you except myself. If you will marry me, you will have me to yourself completely.”
Recall that pastor Adeboye recently resigned as the general overseer of RCCG Nigeria and took up the position of the leader of church worldwide. Adeboye's resignation followed a a retirement law created by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN).
Source:NAIJ

No comments:

Post a Comment