Sunday 2 July 2017

Andy Murray and wife Kim expecting their second child but tennis star says it won't distract him from Wimbledon

Andy Murray and his wife Kim are expecting their second child, as the world number one prepares to mount his Wimbledon defence.


Andy Murray and his wife Kim are expecting their second child, as the world number one prepares to mount his Wimbledon defence.
Already parents to 17-month-old Sophia, the couple are understood to have revealed the pregnancy to family and friends.

The news will be cause for celebration as the tennis star enters this year’s grass court grand slam in uncertain form after crashing out of the Queen’s tournament in the first round last month.

He pulled out of two exhibition matches on Friday because of a hip injury, although he has since made it through a three-hour practice session, which he said was “ok”.
Speaking at a press conference this morning, Murray said the couple were "obviously very happy" with the news and looking forward to the arrival of their second child. 

Asked if the excitement of his new child would affect his performance, he said "No, I wouldn't have thought so," and admitted that the family had known of the news for some time.
Murray has previously said: “My child is more important to me and my wife is more important to me than a tennis match."

 Earlier this month the 30-year-old revealed that he missed Sophia’s first steps while playing overseas, also suggesting that he missed her first words.
Shortly after becoming a father, he said: “I really don’t want to miss seeing those changes.
“Even when I’m away for a day I feel bad. I feel I should be there and I want to be there as much as I can."

On Monday the Scot takes on Russian Alexander Bublik, who is ranked 134 in the word, on Wimbledon’s Centre Court.
After losing to Jordan Thompson, ranked 90, at the Aegon Queen’s championships , Murray admitted the defeat was a “big blow” to his chances of retaining his 2016 Wimbledon Crown, which he also won in 2013.

Murray has now lost nine of his 30 matches in 2017. - The Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment