Friday 1 December 2017

Jose not worried about eight point gap

Arsenal v Manchester United - Premier League


The Portuguese boss, Mourinho admits that he has no concerns about the eight point gap between his club and Manchester City, ahead of United’s visit to Arsenal on Saturday.
Mourinho’s side have dropped just ten points in the league but still find themselves right up in the mix, in a bid to bring the Premier League title back to Old Trafford for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.
Speaking ahead of the Arsenal game the Manchester United boss just wants to take it game by game. He said;
“I play a game at a time, and I think that’s the way to do it.”
“Yesterday I was watching an interesting movie: Bjorn Borg vs John McEnroe. And Borg’s coach was telling him that all of the time ‘one point at a time’ – think just about one point at a time, and I tell my players to think just about the game.”
United’s away record under Mourinho against top six clubs has been nothing short of atrocious as they have yet to pick up a single win.
He was accused of playing for a draw against Liverpool earlier in the season, and he will much maligned if he chooses to adopt similar tactics against Arsenal this weekend. He continued;
“It depends on what you think about risks.”
“I think in the beginning of football the guy that decided to say defenders and attackers – this guy was bad because in football everybody has to defend and everybody has to attack. Especially in modern football.”
Man United look set to be without a number of key players for the trip to North London with Marouane Fellaini, Phil Jones and Eric Bailly all out, while Nemanja Matic is a serious doubt after limping off in the mid-week win over Watford. Mourinho explained;
“Matic is a doubt. I hope he can, but I cannot guarantee. He is selected to go, let’s see the feeling before the match – let’s see the warm-up.”

“I hope he can, I want him to and he wants to, but I cannot guarantee.” - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment