Friday 1 December 2017

Whoa !!! Builder hands in £30 he found then almost instantly wins £50,000

a blue and red sign above a store


A builder enjoyed instant karma and won almost £50,000 at the bookmakers half an hour after handing in £30 he found at an ATM, it has been reported. 
Colin Banks spotted the money at a cash machine at an Asda shop in Motherwell and handed it in to a member of staff.
Hours later, the 50-year-old beat odds of 372,000/1 to win £49,077 on a Betfred Lucky 15 virtual horse.
“They say honesty is the best policy and it certainly was for me!” the father-of-two told the Daily Record.
“I have a big family and I’m now going to make sure we all have a brilliant time this Christmas – the best we as a family have ever had.
“I was curious and went back into the supermarket on Sunday and the same member of staff I had handed the £30 to was on duty.
“She said the lad had been back in and was very grateful. I suppose one good turn deserves another,” he added.
Mr Banks celebrated his victory by purchasing a second-hand Ford Focus and having “more than one glass” of wine.
Betfred boss Fred Done said: “Christmas has come early for Colin.
“Congratulations on emptying my pocket so quickly with such a tiny stake. This was one of the biggest virtual horse racing wins in our 50-year history.” - The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment