Saturday 10 June 2017

Pogba Says Jose Mourinho Deserves 'Special One' Name for Ability to Make 'Extreme' Decisions


Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has hailed the impact Jose Mourinho has had on the Red Devils, citing the Portuguese manager's ability to make 'extreme' decisions as one of his key strengths.

Speaking to Sky Germany (via the  Mirror), the French international said" "He is the Special One because he wins. Sometimes he does some extreme things. Against Chelsea, he changed our tactical formation just before the game.

"We had never trained with it before but it worked out well. That was special. He won three trophies in his first year, that's special as well. He deserves his name.

"He's a manager who is really close with the players. Personally, he welcomed me, we had a talk and I had a good feeling from the first moment on. He trusted and defended me. That's all a player needs."

Despite constant claims around his record-breaking transfer fee, Pogba has enjoyed a successful first season at United, winning the League Cup and Europa League, with the latter securing United's place in next season's Champions League. 

Reflecting on his first season back at the Red Devils, he said, " My first season back here in Manchester was good, but quite complicated.  I had to adapt to the English football. I didn't really have a pre-season, so I had to jump straight in.
"But the more I trained the better it got. With the other players, I felt at ease from the first moment on. It's true that the results weren't as positive as we'd wished, but we reached our goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment