Monday 21 August 2017

Transfer news : Chelsea still interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

VfL Wolfsburg v Borussia Dortmund - Bundesliga


Despite spending a club-record £70m to bring Alvaro Morata to the club from Real Madrid, Chelsea are still looking to improve their attack before the transfer window shuts next week.

Looking for a versatile forward to add to their attack, the Blues remain interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who continues to confirm his desire to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer:
“This club and these fans are incredible, but if I want to grow, I feel I need to leave.”
“This is the question I keep on asking myself – and I don’t have an answer. I need time to think about it. If I want to grow, I surely need to leave this summer. I am 28 and I need to grow. If I leave, it will only be somewhere I would play regularly.”
Chelsea will face competition from AC Milan for Aubameyang with the Serie A side eager to bring in a big-name attacker to round off their largely successful transfer window.

Aubameyang, primarily a central striker, can play across the forward line and would make an exciting partner for Morata and Eden Hazard in a potential front three at Stamford Bridge.
Finishing last season as the Bundesliga top scorer with 31 goals, Aubameyang is regarded as one of the best attackers in Europe today and would be a valued addition to the squad.


The likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and PSG have all been linked with him earlier in the window but Chelsea and Milan seem to be the only clubs still in for Aubameyang who has signaled his intent to leave.
However, at 28-years-old, Aubameyang doesn’t quite fit Chelsea’s transfer philosophies of signing younger players with strong resale values, but Antonio Conte is eager to persuade the club to abandon that approach when it comes to top-level talent. - Read Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment