Tuesday 28 August 2018

PL news : Zappacosta admits he could leave Chelsea in the near future

Saudi Arabia v Italy - International Friendly


Davide Zappacosta has admitted that he could leave Chelsea in the near future if he doesn’t feature in the first-team more regularly.
The Italian international joined Chelsea on the transfer deadline day in August 2017 but he’s only started 12 games and has found himself down the pecking order.
Maurizio Sarri has Chelsea playing with a back four, which means that Cesar Azpilicueta is the guaranteed regular starter and as such, Zappacosta will find it hard to get regular playing time.
Speaking about his future, as reported by the Evening Standard, the 26-year-old admitted that Inter Milan are interested in signing him.
He said:
“Could I return to Italy? Yes, Inter Milan had been after me.My agent Alessandro Lucci had told me about their interest, although I’ve always remained focused on Chelsea. Could I return in January? I have three more years on my contract here and I only want to think about doing well with Chelsea. There’s a lot of competition here, but I want to win a place in the XI. After that, it’s clear that if I didn’t find much room, I don’t think any player would like that.” - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment