Saturday 8 September 2018

Transfer news : Courtois "sad" over Chelsea fans anger after Real Madrid move

Girona FC v Real Madrid CF - La Liga


Former Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is “sad” that some Chelsea fans are angry with him after he secured a move this Summer to Real Madrid.
Courtois ended his seven year spell at the Blues this Summer, moving back to Spain to join giants Real Madrid.
The Belgian goalkeeper’s contract was up at Chelsea at the end of the Season, meaning Madrid were able to secure the stopper on a cut price deal compared to what they would have had to pay last season.
However, the goalkeeper is sad that some Chelsea supporters are angry with him, revealing he made his decision to leave the club back in March.
Speaking after Belgium’s 4-0 win over Scotland, the Belgian said, via Sky Sports:
““It makes me feel sad and obviously they don’t know all the truth.”
““I think in March the decision was already made and I thought the club would accept it.”
 ““Then because the transfer was closed I did not show up because I thought it better not to disturb the team and the squad.”
““If I did go there maybe, I didn’t want to be toxic, so obviously it is a pity because I love Chelsea.”
““I loved playing there and I am happy to have won two Premier Leagues, a league cup and an FA Cup.”
““Hopefully it will turn around.””
The Belgian also revealed that the chance to move closer to his Children was a big factor in his decision to return to Spain.
““I will always look back with a happy feeling to Chelsea, I had a chance to go back to Spain to be closer to my kids. That was an important thing for me.”
““I know that a lot of Chelsea fans will understand my decision. I wish them the best and I am happy to see that they have won their first four games and I hope they can go on and win the league.”” - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment