Wednesday 27 February 2019

Another 4yrs of poverty development !! Ex-KOWA presidential candidate tasks Buhari on poverty alleviation

Dr Sina Fagbenro-Byron, the ex-presidential candidate of KOWA Party, on Wednesday, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to focus more on poverty alleviation and development of critical infrastructure in his second term.
Fagbenro-Byron made the call in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, while reacting to the outcome of the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.
INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, early on Wednesday, declared Buhari as winner of the presidential election held nationwide.
Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) polled 15,191, 847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who polled 11,255, 978.
Buhari won in 19 states, while Abubakar won in 17 states.
According to Fagbenro-Byron, Nigerians have spoken and whatever the validated majority decision is, it must be respected by the rest of the candidates.
“I would however caution us to quickly allow the politics to pass so that real development can commence in earnest.
“We have some serious work to do and I hope that President Buhari who has been declared winner will realise this and get to work as soon as possible, ” he said.
Fagbenro-Byron commended other presidential candidates and his party supporters for their efforts and doggedness.
He said “my dear friends and compatriots, the Presidential elections have come and gone and I would like to sincerely thank all of those that supported my effort and especially those who actually voted for Kowa party and myself.
“Without prejudice to winner, I would like to congratulate all participants for our efforts, hard work and patriotism.
“Permit me however, to mention my colleagues and their parties whose performances at the very first attempt at national elections deserve commendation.
” I commend Kingsley Mohgalu of YPP, Fela Durotoye of ANN and Omoyele Sowore for the efforts and doggedness. Well done gentlemen.”
The former presidential candidate said KOWA Party tried its best to win the presidential election, noting however that “those who feel disappointed at our performance, (less than expected) of our party and my candidacy, I would say we did put in our very best.
“We made our offer to Nigerians, unfortunately too many Nigerians for various reasons felt otherwise.
“Human beings can only do their best, which may or may not be good enough or acceptable enough, it is however, God that has the final say.
“I am eternally grateful to God, my party and Nigerians for the opportunity given to me to be a participant in this presidential race.
“I promise to remain disposed to serving you all whenever the opportunity arises again as a development professional and patriot,” he said.
Fagbenro-Byron urged Nigerians to work and pray toward peaceful governorship and state house of assembly elections on March 9.
- PM NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment