Saturday 29 April 2017

Mom Refused To Believe She Had The Wrong Number & The Texts Are HILARIOUS

Refinery29© Photographed by Erin Yamagata. Refinery29

This viral text chain tops all viral text chains. When a mom texted her daughter Jess to ask her to bring back some milk, turkey, and ham from the store, she apparently got the wrong number. But then, even after the 35-year-old man on the other side of the conversation showed her a pic of himself and his wife, she still refused to believe he wasn't Jess. What ensued was hilarious and a little disturbing.
First picked up by Someecards, the screenshots of the convo were posted by Imgur user velakskin, whose bio now says: "yup... I'm the 35 year old man from Wisconsin that isn't going to the store to buy jess's mom ham. #savejess#dadswithoutsandwiches#lunchmeet#wrongnumbergonewrong#mymomknowsmynumber#moviewithbrad."
It all started with a simple request: "Hunny please grab milk and lunch meet [sic] on your way home."

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

Little did she know that she wasn't typing to her kid Jess. After two insistences that she had the wrong number, she still refused to believe it. (We have to wonder: Has Jess pranked her like this before?) Then, came a threat: "Jess I need you to grab that or I am not taking you and Brad to the movies tonight."

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

The guy from Wisconsin decided to have a little fun at first. "What movie are we going to see?" he asked.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

Looks like he had been waiting for the chance to troll someone like this for a long time. "I've always dreamt of the day [that] I could get a wrong number text just so I could mess with the other person," he texted. "Today was that day... And I have so many good ideas but they are all adult-oriented." Uh-oh.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

The mom just kept asking if Jess had gone to the store yet.
"I am a 35-year-old man from Wisconsin. I swear. I could have messed with you so bad but since [there] is a child involved I just can't bring myself to do it," he said. He repeated: "You have the wrong number."
She replied: "Stop joking it isn't cute."

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

Then he texted her a pic of himself and his wife to further prove the point.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

He even offered to let the mom talk to his wife and his 5-year-old son. "My other son is only 8 months. So he only knows how to say dada. And you aren't his dada."
The mom escalated it by calling Brad's mom and making Jess do her sister's chores...and still didn't believe him.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

"I am done with [your] games," she said. "I will see [you] in a few hours." And then, she canceled poor unsuspecting Jess' credit card.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

Finally, he decided to take the trolling up a notch: "Well... I went to the store like you said and got turkey and milk. I didn't get ham because as I said earlier I don't like ham." Then, he sent her a pic of some delicious-looking breakfast food.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

It continued... "Are you on drugs again?" the mom texted. "Lol. No. I've been clean since 2011," he responded. "I'm your fucking mother and this isn't funny. You were 11 in 2011 Jess??? We are having A LONG talk tonight." Oh, boy.

Refinery29© 
Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

At that point, he asked the mom if she's trying to fuck with him. After she finally found Jess (sleeping at home), they exchanged some harsh words.

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

"How someone married you is beyond me," she told him. He responded: "I told you plenty of times. What kind of parent doesn't know their own kids' number? Not my fault you are a dumb fuck." Um, he did tell her plenty of times.

Refinery29© 

Somehow, it got even worse...

Refinery29© Provided by Refinery29 Inc. Refinery29

We wish we could say it ended on a note of kumbaya and love and understanding?! But, um, no. - Refinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment