Wednesday 26 July 2017

Danilo explains Chelsea snub

Getty


Danilo has revealed he snubbed Premier League champions Chelsea before moving to Manchester City from Real Madrid.

The right-back completed a £26.9m switch from the Bernabeu to become City's fifth summer signing, as Pep Guardiola continued his defensive overhaul at the Etihad with Benjamin Mendy joining a day later.
Danilo has revealed he had the chance to join Chelsea or stay at Real Madrid, but the lure of working under Guardiola was too good to refuse.
"It wasn't a difficult decision to choose City over Chelsea," he said.

"The moment City called me and Pep called me, I knew what I had to do. Pep's words motivated me to be ready for this.
"It was very fast. I was training with Real Madrid and Pep called me and I was very motivated to make this change and start to work with him.
"(Zinedine) Zidane tried to make me stay but I was sure I needed to change. I needed to think a bit more about myself and find a place where I had more options."

Signed from Porto in 2015, Danilo enjoyed two glittering seasons with Real, winning two Champions Leagues and ending the club's five-year wait to be crowned Spanish champions last term.
And the 26-year-old is keen to replicate that success at City, adding: "I have no doubt we can win the Champions League, that's why I chose this team.

"In all the teams I played for in my life, the objectives have always been the same. I'm going to try my best to adapt as soon as possible.
"I see the potential in this side and I am going to do my best. With every change you need some adaptation that you have to do.
"I hope my adaptation is going to be very short and I will work very hard for it. Then I can start working and helping the team." - SKY

No comments:

Post a Comment