Wednesday 13 September 2017

Meet the 84-Year-Old Man Who Is World's Oldest Bodybuilder

He has been bodybuilding for 70 years.


Jim Arrington is the world’s oldest bodybuilder and he has no plans of stopping anytime soon.

The 84-year-old man from California, has been weightlifting since 1947, when he was 15 years old, and today he continues to train and enter competitions.

“Up to now, I was just into bodybuilding and entering contests as long as I possibly could before I fall apart or die or something like that,” Arrington said.

During his 70 years of training, he competed in 62 competitions and won 16.

Arrington is a Guinness world record holder with a distinction in the 2018 edition of Guinness  bodybuilder competition as the oldest participant. 

“You know it’s a great feeling to be in the gym, get blood flowing through your muscles and kind of pumped up,” Arrington said. “I will keep going as long as I possibly can as long as I enjoy it. I don’t think I'll really get tired of it.”

An associate of Arrington say he’s an inspiration.

“I want to grow up to be like him, ageless,” said Jerome Ferguson, a professional bodybuilder. “I mean, 84 years young with abs. Most people at 84 are dead.”
He attributes his key to longevity to enjoying what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment