Thursday 20 September 2018

PL News : Leno set for Arsenal bow

Arsenal v Paris Saint Germain - International Champions Cup 2018


Bernd Leno is set to make his Arsenal debut as Unai Emery’s side host Vorskla in the Europa League.
It is the opening match of their European campaign and the first chance for Leno to show that he can be Arsenal’s number one goalkeeper.
Petr Cech has started all of Arsenal’s Premier League matches so far, with fans criticising his early performances.
Emery has backed Cech, though, and claims that Leno will need to prove that he is better than the veteran shot-stopper if he wants a regular place in the team.
Speaking to The Mirror, Emery said this:
“He is in the starting line-up after we have spoken with Javi Garcia, the goalkeeping coach. We need to give him a chance and game minutes.”
“We signed him for now to improve with us and to compete with another goalkeeper. I am very happy with his every work-day and I am looking forward to him playing well.”
“I spoke with him before the first match about my decision. I gave him my arguments for the decision.” - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment