Friday 21 September 2018

PL News : Walcott reflects on his frustrating final months at Arsenal

AFC Bournemouth v Everton FC - Premier League
Everton winger Theo Walcott has been reflecting on the final stretch of his time at Arsenal.

Speaking to the Mirror ahead of this Sunday’s fixture between the Toffees and the Gunners, Walcott had the chance to look back on his time at Arsenal and admitted that he left after becoming frustrated with the shortage of first-team opportunities.
Walcott has been a strong player for Everton following his move from Arsenal last January. He has started the new season in fine form, also, and will be out to impress against his former side at the Emirates this weekend.

The winger admitted that he was “hurt” by how his long tenure in North London ended but was quick to look forward to the future with Everton.
“I wasn’t enjoying it. I’ll be honest. I was frustrated, I wasn’t playing, I didn’t play a lot of the games. Having spent so much time there, done so well, it does hurt, but that’s gone now.”
“I had great times but I feel like I’m going to have even greater times here, I really do.”
Arsenal will be hoping to keep Walcott quiet when they welcome his Everton side to the Emirates on Sunday.
Unai Emery’s men will know that a fourth consecutive Premier League win could lift them high up the table, as they look to secure a top-four finish this season. - Read Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment