Tuesday 16 May 2017

Bill Cosby blames sexual assault allegations on racism


American actor, Bill Cosby agrees with his daughter that racism could have played a role in the sexual assault allegations from more than 50 women.

“I strongly believe my father is innocent of the crimes alleged against him and I believe that racism has played a big role in all aspects of this scandal,” Ensa Cosby, the comedian’s daughter, said in an audio statement on Monday.

“How my father is being punished by a society that still believes black men rape white women but passes off “boys will be boys” when white men are accused, and how the politics of our country prove my disgust. My father has been publicly lynched in the media.”

In the preview of an interview with SiriusXM’s Michael Smerconish, the 79-year-old actor echoed his daughter’s statement.

“Could be. I can’t say anything but there are certain things that I look at and I apply to the situation and...there are so many tentacles, so many different — nefarious is a great word,” he said.

“And I just truly believe that some of it may very well be that.”
When Smerconish pointed out that his accusers “are both black and white,” Cosby instead accused the women of trying to get revenge.

“Well, let me put it to you this way: when you look at the power structure and when you look at individuals, there are some people who can very well be motivated by whether or not they’re going to work. Or whether or not they might be able to get back at someone. So, if it’s in terms of whatever the choice is, I think that you can also examine individuals and situations and they will come out differently. So, it’s not all, it’s not every, but I do think that there’s some.”

Dozens of women have accused the former “Cosby Show” star of drugging and assaulting them over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment