Thursday 11 May 2017

Cops help announce Texas mom's pregnancy to husband in viral setup


An American Army veteran found out he was becoming a father after a special local law enforcement officer pulled him over to help his wife reveal the big news.

Jarred Wright and his wife Nikki both Hurst residents were driving in their neighborhood when a police officer pulled them over. 

"The reason why I stopped you was because you've got a child in the car without a child seat," the Hurst PD officer said in the viral video. Jarred denied the accusation of having a child in the car, only to turn and see his wife Nikki holding up a positive pregnancy test.

"We do have a child in the car with no car seat," Nikki said.
"I think that means you're a daddy, bud," the officer said.

Since serving in Afghanistan from 2013-14, Jarred has been recovering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), General Anxiety Disorder, and Major Depression Disorder. The officers who helped reveal the big news previously helped Jarred during a panic episode in November 2016. 

They created a GoFundMe following the video going viral, where Jarred got candid about his mental health struggles.

"I'm trying to be a great dad and husband and provide for my family, however, the severity of the psychological disorders need constant attention," 


"I'm seeking a donation for help with rebounding from this financial setback due to my inability to work as I seek mental health treatment and gain new employment to better support my family that provides a stable work environment suitable for my psychological disorder."

As of publication, the fundraiser has raised over $2,120 in seventeen days.

Watch the video below



No comments:

Post a Comment