Thursday 11 May 2017

JK Rowling pleads with Irish public to help Dublin taxi passenger with 'nightmare' situation


JK Rowling has pleaded with Irish people to help a Dublin man with an unfortunate situation.

A Trinity student has pushed an urgent appeal to help him retrieve his laptop after it was discovered he mislaid it in a taxi.

He pleaded with friends on Facebook to help him get in touch with the taxi driver through a Facebook post on Wednesday night.

The message got a lot of traction and eventually caught the attention of Harry Potter author JK Rowling.

She re-tweeted his post on Thursday morning, describing it as "one of her worst nightmares" and asked people to help him out.

Jamal Sul, who is doing a PhD in therapies for multiple sclerosis, said his PhD notes were also left in the taxi.

It happened after the student had been celebrating his thesis corrections with friends in the city centre.

"I had an unfortunate event on Friday where I went out and celebrated my thesis corrections. I met up with two friends and got a taxi outside Iskanders between 3am-3.30am on the 6th May, which was Friday night into Saturday morning. I got into the taxi and headed towards Cherry Orchard but I fell asleep in the back, completely disorientated, and I hopped out and left my bag," he wrote on Facebook. - Independent. ie

No comments:

Post a Comment