Wednesday 19 July 2017

Jose 'not happy' with window



Jose Mourinho says Manchester United are struggling to get their transfer business done in this summer's "difficult market".

United have secured two of their manager's four targets in Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof and are close to striking a deal for Inter winger Ivan Perisic.
But United were unable to reach an agreement for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, and Mourinho told ESPN inflated prices are leaving some players "impossible" to buy.

"We always want more," he said. "We always feel there is room to improve, and I cannot say that I am happy with our transfer window.
"What I can also say is that it is a difficult transfer window and I don't blame anyone - it is just a reality of things. The market is going in such a direction that many players are difficult to get, not to say impossible.

"What I will say is that, a long time ago, we thought about four players to strengthen our squad, but it is really hard to do it. If we do the third and forget the fourth, I would be quite happy with that because I know it is difficult.

"The market ends on August 31 so there is plenty of time, but obviously the objective for me as manager is always to have the players as soon as possible and try to coach them in the team and develop the team with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment