Wednesday 19 July 2017

Walker: £50m fee no problem

Morpheus Bulletin


Kyle Walker has told   News he does not feel the burden of the record fee which took him to Manchester City.

City paid Tottenham more than £50m for the England right-back last week, making him football's most expensive defender.
But Walker says his new status will not affect a single-minded pursuit of trophies at the Etihad.
He said: "It's out of my hands. Whatever the two clubs decided to pay, that's nothing to do with me.
"I've just got to concentrate on what got me here - keep playing the football I was playing at Tottenham, keep wanting to learn, keep being enthusiastic and showing the desire on the field to go and win trophies, which is what I've come here for."

Walker is set for an early reunion with his old team-mates on July 29, when City face Spurs in a pre-season friendly in Nashville.
"It's typical," he said. "When I went to Aston Villa on loan from Tottenham my first game was against [first club] Sheffield United. Football's a strange game and you never know what's around the corner.

"It'll be good to see them. It's good that we're playing in a neutral ground where it takes a little bit of the spice off it, then come the season it's business-time and I'm just trying to get the three points."

No comments:

Post a Comment