Wednesday 12 July 2017

Pereira eager to impress Mourinho in search of Man Utd role

Pereira - Cropped


Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is eager to impress Jose Mourinho on the club's pre-season tour to the United States so he can earn himself a place in the first-team squad.

Pereira spent last season on loan at Granada, who were relegated from La Liga, but is back with United and training with the first-team squad, including new signing Romelu Lukaku.


The 21-year-old hopes he can do enough to catch Mourinho's attention and boost his chances of adding to a tally of five Premier League appearances with the club.
"I am very happy that I am back and I can be part of this team," Pereira told MUTV.
"I will try to do my best to stay here, get an important role for the season, to help my team-mates and to impress the manager.

"It boosts me that the people here trust the young players. I am very happy for the young players and I want to be a part of this team as well."
On the club's signings of Victor Lindelof and Lukaku, he said: "I am very pleased to see them and I am very happy that they are with us. Hopefully they can help us a lot this season and in the years ahead."

Despite relegation, Pereira enjoyed 35 league games for Granada last season, scoring five goals.
"It was a good experience, I learned a lot of things and hopefully I can use them now here back at United," he said.
"Of course I have been thinking all about [United's matches], but I was focused when I was there to play well, to learn a lot, to improve so I can come back more ready to play and to help my team-mates over here."

United face LA Galaxy in their first pre-season encounter this weekend. - Goal

No comments:

Post a Comment